Wednesday, August 26, 2009
He's not gettting another test right now. He couldn't give me a reason to do it now. Dropped the subject entirely when I asked why.I guess he didn't like me participating in my daughter's care. TOUGH!
The doctor who ordered the tests called during milking. She said that clinically the Lymes is treated. It's the antibodies that are still high. Hmmm, we were told that if that happened she still had Lymes and it needed to be treated. No one wants to treat her. This doctor wants the blood work redone in a month (not sure if that's a month from now or a month from the other test) to recheck things. That I can handle. At least she could say why.
I've coincidered going to another clinic and having a second opinion. Still have to talk to DH but, maybe wait until this other blood work is done and back.
She said she knows it's hard and that I want to be the parent and not the doctor but, that's not something I can do. Heck, if I had the degree to be the doctor I would tell them all to go to H*LL! I'm getting confusing info from them, how can we make a decision when they do that?
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Monday, August 24, 2009
We went to the Baraboo Steam Engine Show yesterday. Peanut thought it was a great way to spend her birthday! Steam Engines are her favorite of all the old tractors. Next weekend is the Edger Steam Engine show and we plan on going to that one too. It's not as big as Baraboo but, it's still big--we have been going for many years.
There are more pictures here.
FUSTRATION! That is what I'm feeling with the doctors! They called three times today on Kute Kitten. While the Lymes test was positive the doctor I spoke with said the infectious disease doctor doesn't think anything of it. Hmmmm, he will be calling me back. He knows me. He will call or I will hound. He is the girls regular doctor. I'm not comfortable leaving Lymes untreated and we were told that at this point if the test was positive she has Lymes. That it's not just antibodies still coming down from fighting it.
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Friday, August 21, 2009
Kute Kitten's test results are back. The Lyme's test is positive. The doctor that ordered the tests is out of the office and the doctor that read them said that the Lyme's stays in the system for awhile after treatment. I told her MA (the one that called) that that is why we had to wait this long to rerun the test and that at this point a positive test means she has Lyme's according to what the other doctor had said. The on call doctor is going to talk with infectious disease doctor this weekend and get back to us on Monday. I said, the peds infectious doctor is her regular doctor--I'm hoping he takes it over from here.
The auto-immune test was still high but, significantly lower than before. That means it is more than likely the Lyme's setting that one off.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Monday, August 17, 2009
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Today they are hoping to finish the ramp for BIL. The weathermen are calling for rain and the radar is showing rain to the west. BIL may have to go home. They will find out on Monday. On Friday, the insurance said he didn't need to be there anymore but, orders for his stump changed Friday so they have to wait until Monday to see what the insurance says. If the insurance says to go home he will have 48 hours and that's it.
Kute Kitten has her Lyme's and the auto-immune tests rerun on Wednesday. We should know the results on Thursday or Friday.
Ramp is fininshed for BIL! I will try to post some pics tomorrow. The round bales are moved off the field and home. Now it's on to the round bales we are buying but, not anymore tonight-it's dark.
My new project is coming along nicely!
Friday, August 14, 2009
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Raked the hay today that was down for all the rain over the weekend. It raked real crappy because it had been beaten down by the rain and the third cut is coming through it. Funny, second cut on the rest of the fields is to short to even run the haybine over but, now with the rain third cut on this field is coming good.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Last night Grass was kicking after I got the unit off her. This morning she started in while the unit was on her. We are not sure why she's kicking.
I guess today I should pay some bills and then I have two maybe three more hens to process. DH was looking at the Cornish cross chicks last night and I will probably start on them next week.
As I go through the day and want to add more, I will do that in this post in a different color.
Anyone who wants to ask me questions on their animals, feel free to do so. You can ask here or email me. I'm not sure if you can post pics in comments but, if not, you can email them to me and I will post them for you and then others can comment too.
LL asked on BYC,
Is the nast roo gone now? is there peace in your coops? How did everyone do, mixing together?
Nasty roo is gone and there was peace. Now with the mix there is some minor issues but, that I expected. The new ones are hanging out together and the others will pick on them once in a while. I put the three worst offenders in the separation pen for now. One of them is due to be processed too. I'm sure in a few days all will have settled down.
Did anyone see that Eunice Kennedy Shriver died? She was the founder of the special olympics and has done much for the handicapped. We have lost a great soul.
I maybe should be admitted for thinking about this but, what do you think of this?
Monday, August 10, 2009
This is a picture of our farm that I took from the ground.
I have a friend with a plane and she took this picture of our farm and surrounding area.
We have roughly 90 head of cattle with roughly 30 cows milking. The barn holds 34 cows and it varies as to dry off/freshening times.